- Applicants must be taking private lessons.
- Applicants must be residents of London, ON, or taking private lessons with a teacher based in London.
- Applications, along with the $50 application fee, must be received online at www.eventbrite.ca OR by mail (Magisterra Soloists, 190 Gatineau Rd, London, ON N6K 2Z9) no later than January 1. (Late fee applies after January 1)
- Applicants must be available at the posted audition date and location. Auditions are not open to the public.
- Candidates must provide their own piano accompanist.
- Applicants must prepare a minimum of one complete movement from the list of solo works (please consult website). An additional complete movement may be included, up to a maximum of 8 minutes playing time total. (For additional repertoire requests please reach out to:
- Applicants cannot audition for the YPA using the same piece twice.
- Winner(s) must agree to perform with MAGISTERRA SOLOISTS at the Annual Christmas Baroque concert (first Sunday in December, First St Andrew’s Church) performing the repertoire they auditioned with: no exceptions will be made. An additional rehearsal prior to the dress rehearsal may be offered. (Subject to change)
- Winner(s) must be available for the dress rehearsal on Saturday prior to the Christmas Baroque Concert. An additional rehearsal prior may be offered.
- Winner will be awarded a stipend of $100. If more than one winner is chosen, the stipend shall be shared between the selected winners.
- MAGISTERRA SOLOISTS reserves the right not to announce a winner.
- Winner(s) will be selected based on their demonstration of musical maturity in reflection of the artistic values held by MAGISTERRA SOLOISTS, indiscriminate of age or technical playing level. As this is an Award, and not a competition or adjudicated festival, there will be no verbal or written adjudications given at any point during or after the audition process by any member of the award audition panel.
- The Magisterra Young Performer’s Award audition will be adjudicated by a panel of musicians from the MAGISTERRA SOLOISTS roster.
- The Magisterra Young Performer’s Award seeks to avoid all forms of bias, favouritism, and nepotism. Should an applicant’s teacher be on the adjudicating panel, the teacher will not vote on this candidate.